Northport Investment Management Business Primer*
- John M. Grib, President, holds the Chartered Financial Analyst and Certified Financial Planner™ designations and has over thirty years of investment management experience with large banks, brokerage firms and trust companies in the Philadelphia Area, managing personal/retirement accounts, family trusts, endowment and institutional accounts.
- Unbiased investment advice. Absolute client focus. No proprietary products. No conflicts of interest. Investment program tailored to each individual client’s unique circumstances/objectives/risk tolerance.
- High touch, personalized service. Always accessible.
- Additional value-added direction and financial guidance as part of a holistic relationship including: financial, retirement and estate planning/ budgeting/investment education.
- Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) regulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities (DoBS). 100% fee-based compensation, no commissions.
- In-house colleague Arthur L. Schiel, Principal of Avalon Financial Management, has over forty-five years of investment management experience with over twenty- five years as an independent financial adviser.
- Assets are held independently at Charles Schwab Institutional and are subject to independent audit. Charles Schwab custodies over $2 trillion of assets, of which over $800 billion are held in custody for independent investment advisers like Northport Investment Management. SIPC® insurance plus extra account protection. Low transaction costs.
- Typical investments include: individual bonds, individual stocks, no-load, low-cost mutual funds and exchange traded funds. Bond portfolios are managed for income, stressing safety and yield. Equity portfolios are managed for total return, stressing quality and dividend income. Portfolios are tailored to individual client risk tolerances.
- Clients receive comprehensive monthly account statement(s) from Charles Schwab Institutional which include cost basis of securities held. On-line access is available.
- Clients receive comprehensive, in-depth, quarterly reports from Northport Investment Management software. These reports include performance reporting detail, providing the time-weighted total return of the portfolio vs. various appropriate benchmarks.
- Management fees are charged quarterly, in arrears, and can be automatically deducted from the account(s).
*See Northport Investment Management Form ADV Part 2A for more details.